Slowly the sun comes out more often and the thoughts revolve more and more about salads or side dishes for BBQs or just something that doesn’t really mean cooking.
We have an idea here that we would like to share with you: our potato salad with green asparagus.
It is quite easy to prepare and consists of only a few ingredients. Good vegetable proteins are added with edamame or peas and the green asparagus makes the salad even more special.
Potato salad with green asparagus
- 400 g potatoes
- 1-2 shallots
- 150 g green asparagus
- 100 g edamame (cooked and peeled or green peas)
- 50 ml vegetable stock
- 70 g vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- a few stalks of parsley
- Peel the potatoes, cut into pieces and steam until cooked.
- In the meantime, finely chop the shallots and parsley and cut the asparagus into large pieces.
- Put the potatoes in a bowl when they are soft and while they are still hot, add the vegetable stock, the vinegar and the shallots and mix well.
- Steam the asparagus pieces as well. Depending on the thickness of the asparagus, it only takes 3-5 minutes. Add the asparagus to the potatoes, mix and let everything cool down.
- Add edamame, mayonnaise and mustard to the salad, stir well and season with salt to taste.
- Finally stir in the chopped parsley and leave the salad to steep in the refrigerator for a few hours.