If you rummage through recipes online, there are always some that you come across particularly often for a certain time. That was also the case with the recipe for these Hasselback potatoes. So at some point we couldn’t help but make some ourselves.
What should we say !? -They are just great and we wondered why we hesitated so long to do them!
We love garlic, so garlic shouldn’t be neglected in our version. But if you’re not a big garlic fan, we can recommend fresh rosemary instead! You can take a few twigs and put the needles in the individual compartments.
It is also particularly good if you sprinkle some coarse sea salt over the potatoes at the end (then use the salt more sparingly beforehand).
A crunchy salad and a delicious dip made from vegetable quark or yogurt, for example, go perfectly with it.
- 600 g potatoes (about the same size)
- 4 tbsp rapeseed oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 garlic cloves (amount according taste)
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C.
- Peel the potatoes. In order to cut them evenly deep and not completely, it is best to place a wooden spoon on the left and right, for example, next to each potato and cut till the wooden spoon.
- Mix the oil and salt. Peel the garlic cloves and cut into fine slices.
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet and spread the oil on top. Put the garlic slices in the cut potatoes.
- Bake the potatoes in the preheated oven on the middle rack for about 45 minutes, until they are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.