You feel like needing some cookies -But don’t feel like boring?
Here we have an idea to make a few cookies for you that are not on the list of classics. Our coffee walnut cookies have a light coffee aroma and you can’t go wrong with the combination of walnut and cocoa in addition.
Coffee walnut cookies
- 100 g walnuts
- 250 g plant-based butter (soft)
- 150 g powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp chickpea flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 270 g flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp instant coffee
- 1 pinch of salt
- Roughly chop walnuts and roast in the pan without fat. When they start to smell, remove them from the stove and let them cool in another container.
- In the meantime, beat the butter and sugar together until frothy / airy. Then mix the chickpea flour, flour, cocoa, coffee powder, vanilla and salt together and add to the butter-sugar mixture.
- Finally stir in the walnuts briefly and place in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- After the cooling time, shape into walnut-sized balls and press down a little while placing them on the baking sheet. They don’t go out big when baking, so they can be placed quite close to each other.
- Now bake for about 12-15 minutes, depending on the oven, at 180 ° top / bottom heat.