Beetroot is a difficult topic for some, but you can hardly ignore the fantastic nutritional values. Not just a few calories, namely 41kcal / 100g, speak for the red tuber. It also provides valuable minerals such as magnesium, iron and zinc. In addition, vitamin B1, vitamin B6, vitamin C, but also folic acid and beta-carotene are included. -And that’s not even all of the nutrients worth mentioning!
We think it is just right to call it a nutrient bomb and it should really be on everyones menu more often.
Our beetroot-coconut soup is a really tasty option. Just try it out and be amazed how great the flavors combine here!
Beetroot – coconut soup
- 400 g fresh beetroot
- 2 medium-sized potatoes
- 1 red onion
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- vegetable creme fraiche (optional)
- flat leaf parsley (optional)
- Peel the onion and cut into large pieces. Since everything is pureed at the end, it doesn't have to be chopped very finely.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and fry the onions in it for 2-3 minutes.
- In the meantime, peel the beetroot and potatoes and cut them into slices. Add to the onions and fry for another 2 minutes.
- Deglaze with the coconut milk, add 400 ml of water and season with salt.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes until soft, depending on the size of the beetroot and potato pieces.
- At the end of the cooking time, puree everything well and add lemon juice.
- Also tastes good with a little creme fraiche and fresh parsley on top.