Here’s another recipe for those days when you’re in a hurry.
Our gnocchi in mushroom sauce are perfect with ready-made gnocchi and a quick-cooked sauce if you want something hearty after a long day at the office.
The mushroom aroma is particularly evident through the brew of the dried porcini mushrooms. A slight acidity gives a little lemon juice and an additional, pleasant note is provided by the parsley.
Gnocchi in mushroom sauce
- 1 package gnocchi (300g)
- 250 g mushrooms
- 1 tbsp oil
- 5 g dried porcini mushrooms
- 50 ml of water very warm
- 200 ml vegetable broth
- 150 g vegetable cream
- 2 tbsp parsley
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- Prepare the gnocchi according to the instructions on the packet and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, halve the mushrooms and then cut into slices about 2mm thick.
- Soak the porcini mushrooms in the warm water for a few minutes.
- Fry 3/4 of the mushrooms in the oil for about 5-7 minutes.
- Then deglaze with the broth and simmer until the liquid is well reduced.
- The boletus can now be removed from the soaking water and finely chopped. Add the soaking water to the pot and stir in the plant-based cream.
- Now you can add the remaining mushrooms.
- To thicken, dissolve the cornstarch in a little cold water (about 50ml) and stir it into the saucepan. Simmer gently until the sauce has thickened.
- Now season with lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Finally arrange the gnocchi on plates and serve with the sauce.