Tomato sauce can be that easy
Sometimes it pays to do things you are used to in a different way. This time we prepare the tomato sauce in this recipe quickly and easily in the oven.
We have always simmered a classic, aromatic tomato sauce with a lot of love and time. This is how the tomatoes and spices in the sauce develop their aromas best and, in combination with freshly cooked pasta, become the popular dish that everyone probably knows from childhood.
Although the dish is super simple, there are a few things that should be considered. The choice of tomatoes is of course fundamental for a good taste. So make sure to use ripe and aromatic tomatoes for the sauce. It is even an advantage if the tomatoes have already softened a bit. Then they are probably just right to make a delicious sauce.
How to prepare the tomato sauce from the oven:
We told you the sauce was easy and so is the preparation: just put all the ingredients in a flat dish, put everything in the hot oven and do something else for a while. The aromas of the spices and tomatoes intensify in the oven and create the great taste. After about 20 minutes, the sauce can be pureed.
Pour everything into a tall container, puree and season again. You’re ready to serve this easy-to-make sauce with your favorite pasta!
A little hint:
If you use a mixture of pizza spices instead of the Italian herbs, you can also use the sauce as a delicious, homemade pizza sauce!
You can also freeze leftover tomato sauce in portions. So you always have homemade pasta sauce ready!
Tomato sauce out of the oven
- Hand blender
- 700 g tomatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2-3 shallots (alternatively 1-2 onions)
- 1 tbsp Italian herbs e.g. TK
- salt (to taste)
- sugar (or maple sirup to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° convection.
- Roughly dice tomatoes and place in a dripping pan or flat baking dish.
- Peel the garlic and onion, also cut into large cubes and add to the tomatoes.
- Add the olive oil and herbs to the tin, add a little salt and, if you like, chilli, stir and place in the oven.
- After about 20 minutes, take them out of the oven and puree (preferably put in a higher bowl).
- Season with salt and, if necessary, a little sugar and enjoy with pasta or on a homemade pizza.