We think tomato sauce always works!
And sometimes it’s worth doing things differently. This time we prepare the tomato sauce quickly and easily in the oven.
Simply put all the ingredients in a flat dish, put everything in the hot oven and do something else for a while.
Then pour everything into a tall vessel and puree – ready!
Tomato sauce out of the oven
- Hand blender
- 700 g tomatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2-3 shallots (alternatively 1-2 onions)
- 1 tbsp Italian herbs e.g. TK
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° convection.
- Roughly dice tomatoes and place in a dripping pan or flat baking dish.
- Peel the garlic and onion, also cut into large cubes and add to the tomatoes.
- Add the olive oil and herbs to the tin, add a little salt and, if you like, chilli, stir and place in the oven.
- After about 20 minutes, take them out of the oven and puree (preferably put in a higher bowl).
- Season with salt and, if necessary, a little sugar and enjoy with pasta or on a homemade pizza.