It’s the weekend and you are craving for a warm and sweet delicacy?
We can help you out! The galette with plums fits perfectly to the season and warm not only with the aromas, but also with the great combination of crunch with soft fruits.
Galette with plums
- 230 g spelled flour (type 630)
- 130 g cold plant-based butter
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp cold water
- 350 g plums
- 1 tbsp of sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 untreated lemon (zest of the peel)
- 2 tbsp plant drink
- 1 tsp sugar
- For the shortcrust pastry, cut the cold butter into cubes and place in a bowl with the flour.
- Rub in crumbly with your fingers and then add the sugar.
- Gradually add the cold water and quickly knead into a smooth, firm dough. Knead only until the dough has bonded.
- Put the dough in a closed container in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, core the plums and cut into thin wedges. Mix with sugar and cinnamon and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180° C.
- After 30 minutes, take the dough out of the fridge and roll it out 2 mm thin. Spread the plums on the rolled-out dough and leave about 5 cm space all around.
- Fold the edge over the plums, brush with the vegetable drink and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake the galette on the middle rack for a total of 50 minutes until the edge turns brown.
If the edge does not turn brown, bake the galette for 10 minutes on the top rail.