There are countless recipes for grilling and yet you have your standards that somehow always end up on the grill. We are always looking for new interesting BBQ ideas and today we have an easy-to-make grilled bread for you.
You knead a few ingredients into a smooth yeast dough and let it rise for an hour or more. Then you can form small loaves of bread and even fill them. We found a great vegan cheddar style cheese that melts perfectly and gets really creamy. But for the perfect finish, brush the loaves with a mixture of oil, herbs and garlic if needed before putting them on the grill.
Then you can sprinkle coarse salt on top and your grilled bread is perfect.
We don’t even need dips for that.
Plain grilled bread
- 350 g flour
- 4 g dry yeast
- 10 g salt
- 190 ml water (lukewarm)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pinch of sugar
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp Italian herbs
- 1 clove of garlic (optional)
- Knead all ingredients into a smooth dough.
- This can take 5-10 minutes. The food processor can be used with dough hooks or kneaded by hand.
- When the dough has become smooth, put it in a bowl and let it rise in a warm place, covered. The dough should have an hour to increase in volume.
- Divide into 6 equal pieces and roll out on a floured surface or flatten with your hands.
- Before the bread comes on the grill you can flavor it with a herb oil.
- To do this, mix oil with Italian herbs and finely diced garlic to taste. Spread the mixture onto the dough pieces and then place on the hot grill.
- If the edges are slightly dry you can lift the loaves and check if they are already nicely browned.
- Then they can be turned over until the second side has the desired color.