There is nothing like a good selection of delicious snacks.
We have already written one or two ideas for you here on the blog.
Some recipes, such as the Donauwellen Oats, are not just suitable for breakfast, but also as a snack in between.
These oatmeal cookies are really more for afternoon coffee or tea, but with oatmeal and dried cranberries they are a not so bad version of our cookies.
If you prefer cookies with chocolate chunks and nuts, check out this recipe for soft chocolate cookies.
You mix oat flakes into the simple dough, as well as dried cranberries and coarsely chopped cashew nuts.
Depending on how long you let the cookies bake, the oatmeal will provide a crispy surface.
Either way, so far they have tasted great for children, but also for adults. The best thing you can do is try them yourself!
Oatmeal cookies with cranberries
- 160 g vegan butter
- 70 g brown sugar
- 60 g granulated sugar
- 100 g flour
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 8 g baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 200 g rolled oats
- 80 g dried cranberries (or other dried fruits)
- 80 g cashew nuts
- Soften the vegan butter but do not melt.
- This can be done in the microwave, in a water bath, or take it out of the fridge in good time before baking.
- Beat the vegan butter vigorously with both types of sugar for about 5 minutes.
- Then add the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, vanilla extract and oatmeal and stir in with the mixer.
- Preheat the oven to 180° top/bottom heat and line a baking tray with baking paper or mat.
- Roughly chop the cranberries as well as the cashews.
- Finally, mix them into the batter.
- Now portion the dough with a spoon and shape it into balls a little less than a tablespoon in size.
- Place each ball on the baking sheet and flatten slightly.
- The cookies spread out a little, so that there is space for about 9 pieces on a tray with sufficient distance from each other.
- Bake in the oven for about 12-15 minutes until the edges are lightly browned.
- If you prefer them crispy, leave them in the oven for 2-3 minutes longer.