Here comes a dish that even the little ones love to eat.
Soup is always a hit with a slice of fresh bread for dipping.
In addition to beta-carotene, which can be converted into vitamin A, this carrot soup with peas also has a nice creaminess that can also be achieved without a plant-based cream alternative.
Potatoes ensure the nice creamy consistency and depending on that how you like it best,
the carrot soup can be made thicker or thinner.
The carrots provide the characteristic color but also a pleasant sweetness without being too obtrusive.
With simple ingredients you can conjure up this delicious soup quite quickly after work.
Not only for cold days a perfect meal!
Carrot soup with peas
- Hand blender (or food processor)
- 1 kg of carrots
- 300 g potatoes (about 3 pieces)
- 2 onions
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 liter vegetable broth
- 200 g frozen peas
- 100 ml vegan cream (optional)
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- Peel the carrots and potatoes and cut into 2cm cubes.
- Peel and dice the onions and garlic cloves.
- Set up a large saucepan and bring to medium-high heat with a tablespoon of oil.
- Sweat onion and garlic cubes in it.
- When both are translucent, add the carrots and potatoes and fry.
- Stir so that nothing burns.
- Now add the teaspoon of sugar to caramelize.
- Dissolve the sugar while stirring.
- Deglaze with the vegetable broth and bring to the boil.
- The vegetables should just be covered by the broth.
- Let the soup simmer until the carrots and potatoes are nice and soft.
- Depending on the size of the vegetable cubes, this takes 15-20 minutes.
- Using a blender or hand blender, puree the soup until creamy and place back on the stove. Add peas and optional cream over medium heat.
- Season to taste with nutmeg, salt and pepper.