We are real soup fans. That’s why you can already find some recipes on our blog, for example our garlic soup or our tomato soup.
Today is “We love broccoli day”, which inspired us to use broccoli this way. As a broccoli coconut soup, the broccoli gets a nice, creamy consistency and is sure to taste good even for one or the other less enthusiastic broccoli fan.
Fresh bread for dipping goes well with this. But a few croutons made from toast bread can also be served perfectly.
Simply cut them into cubes of the same size and roast them in a pan without fat.
Quick broccoli coconut soup
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 400 g broccoli
- 3 potatoes
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 1-2 tsp salt
- Peel and chop onions and garlic cloves.
- Also cut the broccoli into small pieces. The stalk can also be used very well in soup. Simply remove the woody end of the stalk and chop the rest with the broccoli florets.
- Peel and dice the potatoes.
- Heat the coconut oil in a saucepan over medium heat and sauté the garlic and onions for 3-4 minutes until translucent.
- Put the broccoli and potatoes in the pot and sauté briefly.
- Deglaze the vegetables with coconut milk, add 400ml water and 1 tsp salt.
- Depending on the size of the veggies, cook until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Then finely puree everything with a blender and add salt to taste!