Some things you often buy without even thinking about whether you could possibly make it yourself.
Pesto is one of those things that we often bought at the supermarkets.
But since we know how quickly and what a big variety of ways you can make pesto at home, we are really fascinated!
Here we show you how you can use ingredients from the pantry to make a hearty tomato pesto in no time at all, which is suitable for much more than just pasta!
Just try it out! The combination of dried tomatoes in oil with walnuts and Italian herbs leaves nothing to be desired.
Simple tomato pesto
- 1 clove of garlic
- 100 g sun-dried tomatoes in oil (drained)
- 50 grams of walnuts
- 1-2 tbsp yeast flakes
- 60 ml oil from the sun-dried tomatoes or olive oil
- Italian herbs (optional, to taste)
- Peel the garlic clove, drain the sun-dried tomatoes and roughly chop.
- Put both together with the walnuts, yeast flakes and the oil in a good blender and blend until almost creamy.
- Taste and add some yeast flakes or oil if necessary.
- Depending on the seasoning of the dried tomatoes, some Italian herbs can be added. Finally, mix again briefly and mix everything well.
- The pesto is perfect for mixing directly with hot, still dripping wet pasta. If the mass seems too dry, add some good olive oil. and enjoy!