In life, everything is not always black or white, but when it comes to garlic, there are usually only fans or haters of the little bulb.
Garlic is considered to be super healthy and is also used as a medicinal plant.
It is also said to have an antibacterial effect and the ingredients in the bulb help lower blood lipid levels.
In any case, we like this little aromatic bulb, which is what prompted us to turn it into a soup!
So here we present our recipe for the ultimate delicious garlic cream soup.
Of course, it does not contain any animal products and is still incredibly creamy and velvety on the tongue.
Garlic cream soup
- Hand blender
- 1 large bulb of garlic
- 1 onion
- 45 g plant-based butter
- 50 g flour (approx. 3 tbsp)
- 750 ml vegetable stock
- some chives
- some vegan creme fraiche
- Preheat the oven to 180 top / bottom heat.
- Cut a slice from the bulb at the top so that a piece of the cloves is also cut off. This way the garlic can be pressed out of the bulb later. This can now cook for 15-20 minutes in the oven. When it's nice and soft, it's perfect for our soup.
- In the meantime, peel and finely dice the onion.
- When the garlic is tender, take it out of the oven and let it cool a little.
- Now put on a saucepan and melt the butter in it. Steam the onions in it until translucent. These shouldn't get any color, so don't turn the heat too high.
- Now also press the garlic by squeezing the bulb from back to front. The soft garlic should be easy to push out of the cut tip at the front.
- After about 2 minutes add the flour and stir diligently with a whisk. The flour is now seared a little and becomes a little firmer. Now deglaze with the broth and continue to stir vigorously, bringing to the boil. The flour should combine with the broth to form a creamy sauce. When the sauce has simmered for a few minutes, remove it from the heat and mix until creamy with a hand blender or blender.
- Finally, season to taste and serve garnished with chives and possibly a dollop of vegetable creme fraiche.
The soup tastes great with lightly toasted bread.