Especially at Christmas time, everyone has their evergreens, which end up on the cookie plate every year.
For us, things are usually very classic too. We especially love vanilla crescents, nougat cookies and gingerbread, but sometimes it just has to be something different. In this case, they are vegan almond caramel cookies!
Our new addition is a layer of tasty dough consisting of almonds, topped by a layer of almonds and caramel.
For decoration and because chocolate goes well with it, we also put a few thin chocolate strips on top.
We think they are super pretty and with the mixture of the textures of the cookie and the almonds with caramel a really great change! – by the way, not only at Christmas time!
Almond Caramel Cookies
- 300 g flour
- 100 g peeled and ground almonds
- 200 g plant-based butter (cut into small pieces and no longer completely cold)
- 90 g powdered sugar
- 20 g vanilla sugar
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- 80 g flaked almonds
- 100 g sugar
- 50 g dark chocolate
- Mix the flour with the ground almonds, powdered sugar, vanilla sugar and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Add butter and 1 tablespoon of cold water, quickly knead into a smooth dough and shape into a ball. Really only knead the dough until everything has mixed well.
- Place in a closed container in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface and cut out round cookies.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes and allow to cool after baking.
- For the topping, slowly melt the sugar in a coated pan. Please be careful here as the sugar will be very hot once it has melted.
- As soon as the sugar is liquid, remove the pan from the stove and stir in the flaked almonds.
- Now put the caramelized almonds on each cookie.
- When the almonds have cooled, melt the chocolate and pour thin lines over the cookies.