Ho, ho, ho! Santa Claus is on the way and colored lights are shining everywhere.
It smells of fresh pastries and great aromas like cinnamon, anise and orange are in the air.
You know it’s Christmas time and it’s not too long until Christmas Eve!
So be sure to enjoy a few delicious Christmas cookies before this beautiful and hopefully reflective time is over!
Today’s proposal is vegan shortbread cookies!
Yes, we have now prepared this real classic of the German baking tradition for you in a version without animal products and hope you will be just as happy with the result as we were!
Vegan shortbread cookies
- 250 g plant-based butter
- 250 g of sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch Tonka bean
- 30 g chickpea flour
- 3 tbsp water
- 500 g flour
- Melt the butter and stir in the sugar until frothy.
- Mix the chickpea flour with the water until smooth and set aside.
- Now knead the butter-sugar mass with the chickpea paste, as well as vanilla, tonka bean and flour to form a smooth dough.
- Cover this dough and let it rest in the refrigerator for about 1 hour.
- Take out about half an hour before baking and let it come to room temperature.
- Now preheat the oven to 180 ° top / bottom heat and line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Knead the dough a little and fill it in a piping bag with a suitable nozzle for shortbread cookies.
- Now press out the cookies as you like and place them on the baking sheet.
- The cookies should then bake for about 15 minutes or until they start to get slightly golden brown tips.
- Then let cool down completely and decorate as desired.