Beetroot was admittedly not often on the menu in our childhood.
Now, as adults, we really appreciate the small round tuber!
In addition to iron and potassium, beetroot has vitamin B and can help against high blood pressure.
The function of the liver can also be supported by the red bulb.
Not only because of these and some other great properties of beetroot,
we had to recommend them to you again today! -It tastes wonderful too!
Our recipe of the beetroot salad with walnuts is more like an inspiration how to get nutrient-rich dishes to your plate! -And this in almost no time at all!
Together with a fresh piece of wholemeal bread, it makes a perfect team and makes you full and happy!
Beetroot salad with walnuts
For the salad
- 400 g cooked beetroot
- 1 packet of vegetable feta (about 150 g)
- 1 handful of walnuts
- 120 g baby spinach (or lettuce of your choice)
For the dressing
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp agave syrup (alternatively maple syrup)
- If necessary, drain the beetroot and cut into strips.
- Dice the feta or roughly crumble it by hand.
- Roughly chop the walnuts and set aside.
- Wash and dry or drain the lettuce. Just make sure it will flood your plate and washed aways the taste of the other ingredients.
- Spread the washed salad on two deep plates or bowls.
- The beetroot strips, the vegetable feta and the chopped walnuts are now served on top.
- To do the dressing add apple cider vinegar, oil and agave syrup or maple syruo together and mix. Season to taste with salt and pepper and add a little more vinegar or sweetener if necessary.
- Now pour the dressing over the salad and enjoy!