Pancakes from childhood days
Who does not know these tastes that have stuck in your memory from childhood !?
In addition to marble cake, cheesecake or mum’s chicken soup, we recently remembered how delicious the apple pancakes were back then.
Reason enough for us to create the recipe again in a purely plant-based version and we were so happy with the result that we really want to share it with you today!
You don’t need any special ingredients to make these insanely delicious apple pancakes. You can basically prepare the dough the day before and if you don’t have any apples in the house, you can just use other fruit or just leave it out!
You see, the recipe is not only delicious, but in so many ways to adapt to your wishes and circumstances. So what are you waiting for !?
- 200 g flour
- 30 g sugar
- 8 g baking powder
- 260 ml plant-based milk
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 pinch of ground vanilla
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 2 apples
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and ground vanilla.
- Then mix the plant-based drink and apple cider vinegar and mix with the dry ingredients.
- Now let the dough rest for at least 30 minutes. You can also prepare it the evening before and put it in the fridge overnight. So you have ready-made dough in the morning.
- Peel the apples and cut into approx. 1cm thick slices. Remove the core of each apple slice.
- Heat oil in a pan. Turn each apple slice in batter and add to the pan. Spread 1 tablespoon of batter on top of each apple slice. After 2-3 minutes, turn each pancake and bake on the other side.
- Before serving, pour some powdered sugar over the apple pancakes.