As you have probably noticed, we sometimes just like to experiment with different flavors and combinations of ingredients.
We are often amazed at what the combination of certain tastes, which are actually very distinctive in themselves, brings great new flavors.
As with today’s recipe that we want to present to you, we find the combination of hearty and sweet / sour ingredients just very suitable.
Our fruity bean salad gets its exotic fruity taste from a ripe, but if possible not too soft, mango. The chilli has a nice spiciness (please add to taste) and the red onion with the soy sauce make it nice and hearty.
In addition to the great flavors in our fruity bean salad, the preparation also plays an interesting role,
when it comes to preparing a dish for the office or creating a quick, protein-rich side dish.
For this salad you only have to Cut a few ingredients and simply mix everything together.
Fruity bean salad with mango
- 1 red onion
- ½ – 1 mango (depending on size)
- 1 avocado
- 1 red pepper
- 1 chilli pepper or some chilli flakes (to taste)
- 1 glass of white beans (460g drained weight)
- 1-1.5 limes (juice of it)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (or agave syrup)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Peel the onion, mango and avocado. Cut the onions into thin strips, the also dice the mango and avocado.
- Out the avocado in a closable vessel or drizzle a few drops of lemon or lime juice over it to prevent the avocado turning brown.
- Now wash and finely dice the chilli pepper.
- If you like it less spicy, you can completely or partially remove the seeds.
- Put the beans in a colander and rinse under running water.
- Now drain and set aside.
- In the meantime, prepare the dressing.
- To do this, mix lime juice (initially the juice of a lime), maple syrup and soy sauce.
- Then mix everything together in a large bowl.
- So put the onion, mango, avocado together with the chilli and the beans in the bowl and mix well with the dressing.
- Season with lime juice and soy sauce, done!