In summer there is always such a rich selection of berries and other fruits that we often cannot decide what to eat next. After all the strawberries lately, let’s go for the currants.
Our super quick currant cake not only comes without animal products, but is also prepared so quickly that you can make it great for a spontaneous visit or if you have a few currants left and don’t want to let them go to waste.
- 150 g flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 65 g of sugar
- 125 ml plant drink
- 60 g vegetable butter (soft)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 dash of vanilla extract
- 100 g currants (more if you like)
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° top / bottom heat.
- Grease the baking tin or baking dish and sprinkle with flour.
- Wash and drain the currants.
- Now mix the flour, baking powder and sugar together.
- Then add the vegetable drink, melted / softened butter and apple cider vinegar and stir.
- Now put the dough in the mold and smooth it out.
- Finally, pluck the currants from the stem. This works well with a cake fork. And spread on the cake.
- The whole thing can now be in the oven for about 40 minutes. It is best to do a chopstick test.
- If you like, you can add a little icing sugar before serving.