Fancy a crispy pastry with delicious peaches?
Yes, we already have a galette or two on the blog, but we just love them! They can be made so simple and can really be perfectly adapted to taste and season. Today we used fresh peaches of course, in keeping with the peach season. If you are more into an apple galette, take a look here .
After resting, roll out the simple shortcrust pastry thinly and coat with apricot jam. Then cover with thin peach slices and fold over the edge. With the glaze made from plant drink, the edge in the oven becomes nice and crispy. Sliced almonds also go well with it, which you can best spread on the edge of the peach galette before baking. The vegan peach galette bakes in the oven until it is golden brown and crispy on the outside.
Galettes are perfect pastries when guests come for afternoon coffee. But even for dessert you will hardly be able to resist them. The best thing to do is to try it out!
- 230 g spelled flour type 630
- 130 g cold plant-based butter
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp cold water
- 1 untreated lemon (zest of the peel)
- 1 pinch of ground vanilla
- 3 peaches
- 2 tbsp apricot jam
- 2 tbsp plant-based drink
- sliced almonds
- For the shortcrust pastry, cut the cold butter into cubes and place in a bowl with the flour.
- Rub in crumbly with your fingers and then add the sugar, vanilla and zest from the lemon peel.
- Gradually add the cold water and quickly knead into a smooth, firm dough. Knead only until the dough has bonded.
- Place the dough in a closed container in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, cut the peaches into thin wedges.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
- After 30 minutes, take the dough out of the refrigerator, roll out 2mm thin, spread the peach wedges on top and brush with apricot jam. Leave about 5 cm free all around.
- Fold the edge over the peaches and brush the folded edge with the plant drink.
- Spread a few sliced almonds on the edge.
- Now bake the galette for a total of 40 minutes on the middle rack, until the edge is slightly colored.
- If you like, you can dust the galette with a little powdered sugar after baking.