As you surely know and can certainly relate to, we love strawberries! Unfortunately, the strawberry season is far too short. That is why we have to use it intensively and enjoy it every time. We have already presented different sweet and savory galettes on our blog. So today it’s the turn of our recipe for strawberry galette!
The fresh strawberries with a little lemon juice on the delicious, crispy batter are simply a pleasure. The strawberry galette is so easy to make. The shortcrust pastry is quickly kneaded together and while it is resting, the filling can be done.
The filling consists of strawberries, cornstarch and some lemon zest. Simply pour the mixture onto the dough and bake in the oven until the edge is nicely browned. This works great if you brush some plant-based drink on the edge.
After about 40 minutes of baking time, you can enjoy your warm strawberry galette (maybe with a scoop of ice cream).
- 230 g spelled flour type 630
- 130 g cold plant-based butter
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp cold water
- 1 pinch of ground vanilla
- 500 g strawberries
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 1 untreated lemon (zest of the peel)
- 2 tbsp plant-based drink
- For the shortcrust pastry, cut the cold butter into cubes and place in a bowl with the flour.
- Rub in crumbly with your fingers and then add the sugar and vanilla.
- Gradually add the cold water and quickly knead into a smooth, firm dough. Knead only until the dough has bonded.
- Place the dough in a closed container in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Quarter the strawberries or, depending on the size, halve and mix with the starch and zest of the lemon peel.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
- After 30 minutes, take the dough out of the refrigerator, roll it out 2mm thin and spread the strawberries on top. Leave about 5 cm free all around.
- Fold the edge over the strawberries and brush the folded edge with the plant drink.
- Bake the galette on the middle rack for a total of 40 minutes, until the edge is lightly colored.
- If you like, you can dust the galette with a little powdered sugar after baking.