There are recipe ideas that are so simple that you don’t even get them. If it can be prepared so quickly and also allows for a healthy and delicious dinner late at night, it is hard to beat.
Today we will show you how to conjure up a tasty and quick dish from polenta (corn grits) and green asparagus.
You only need a few ingredients and less than half an hour to cook. While the polenta is brewing, the asparagus is seared and in no time you can serve and enjoy our polenta with fried asparagus!
Polenta with fried asparagus
- 100 g polenta
- 200 ml vegetable stock
- 150 ml plant-based drink
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp yeast flakes
- 400 g green asparagus
- 2 spring onions
- 1 lemon (juice & zest of peel)
- Bring the vegetable stock, vegetable drink and 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the boil in a saucepan.
- Add the polenta and allow to swell according to the package insert. This can take between 2 and 15 minutes, depending on the type of polenta.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a pan and fry the asparagus in it.
- Cut the light part of the spring onions into rings and add to the asparagus after 3-4 minutes. Add lemon juice and zest of lemon zest to the pan and fry for another 5 minutes, until the asparagus has the desired firmness. Salt to taste.
- Add the yeast flakes to the polenta, stir in well and arrange on a plate. Spread the fried asparagus on top.