When the weather gets nicer and the sun shows up longer, we feel like fresh and light aromas. Just like in our creamy lemon pasta with green asparagus!
Quick to prepare, the dish is also a perfect after-work dish. The green asparagus can be prepared quickly without peeling by simply bending the woody ends. All that is left is the fresh parts of the green asparagus, which then only needs to be washed and cut into shape. With the short cooking time and the minimal effort for the pasta and lemon sauce, you can enjoy your meal in a good mood in less than half an hour.
With these few ingredients you can create this delicious pasta. The lemon gives the great aroma, which is especially hidden in the peel, so you should definitely use the zest. The plant-based creme fraiche ensures the creamy taste and the fresh parsley rounds off the dish nicely.
A good start to the evening and a great dish for a quick lunch on home office days.
Lemon pasta with green asparagus
- 200 g tagliatelle
- 400 g green asparagus
- 1 shallot
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 lemon (zest of zest and juice)
- 3 tbsp plantbased creme fraiche
- 1 tbsp yeast flakes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- a few stalks of parsley
- Wash the asparagus, cut off the woody ends and cut into pieces. Peel and finely dice the garlic and shallot.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan.
- Cook the tagliatelle according to the instructions on the packet.
- In the meantime, fry the shallots in the oil, after a few minutes add the garlic and then the asparagus. Fry everything for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the grated zest of the lemon and deglaze everything with 100ml water. Add the lemon juice to the pan and simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Mix in the creme fraiche and the yeast flakes well and season with salt to taste.
- Drain the tagliatelle and set aside one glass of the boiling water. Add the pasta to the sauce and stir. If you want the sauce to be even creamier, add either creme fraiche or some of the collected cooking water and stir.
- Wash and chop the parsley and serve on top of the pasta.