Who doesn’t know marble cake!? For many, it is a classic from childhood and far beyond.
We haven’t had a marble cake in a while, but thought it was high time. So we have created a great, juicy vegan marble cake, which is also great for the (non-vegan) grandparents or when you expect guests.
Of course you can cover it with chocolate icing or serve it with powdered sugar. But it also cuts a fine figure as a birthday cake with icing, a few colorful pearls and other decorations!
The dough is stirred together without much effort and the light dough of the cake can also be used as a basis for other cake creations
The mixture of cornstarch and flour makes the vegan marble cake particularly tender and juicy.
Aren’t these enough arguments to bake our delicious marble cake !?
Vegan Marble Cake
- 260 g flour
- 40 g cornstarch
- 150 grams of sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 packet of baking powder
- 1 dash of vanilla extract
- 150 ml plant drink + 2 tbsp
- 100 g plant-based butter or margarine (soft)
- 1 shot of rum
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- First mix the flour, cornstarch, sugar, salt and baking powder together in a bowl.
- Then mix the liquid ingredients, vanilla extract, plant drink (150ml) and the softened butter or margarine together in another, smaller bowl.
- Now add the liquid ingredients to the dry ones and stir together. But only until everything is well mixed.
- Now preheat the oven to 180 ° top / bottom heat.
- Grease and flour the baking pan well.
- Half of the light dough can now be poured into the mold.
- The second half is now mixed with a little rum, cocoa powder and 1-2 tablespoons of plant-based drink to form the dark dough.
- Again, do not stir for too long, only until a smooth dough has formed.
- Now place the dark dough on top of the light dough in the mold. Roughly go through the two doughs with a fork or chopstick and use them to create the marble pattern.
- Now the cake can be put in the oven for 45-55 minutes.
- Do the chopsticks test at the end, as every oven is a little different.