Suitable for Easter but also any other day that you need a candy, our Carrot Cake Energy Balls come at just the right time!
They are without refined sugar, only sweetened by the carrots and dates, and with walnuts and oatmeal they are a healthy snack.
Perhaps the (fresh) ginger in the recipe is special for some. However, as we find, this makes the balls a lot more exciting on the tongue. If you are not a big fan of ginger, you can approach the amount very carefully or rather use dried ginger. This is less spicy and intense in taste.
The combination of carrots and walnuts always works and ensures a delicate, cake batter-like consistency.
Carrot cake energy balls
- food processor
- 80 g carrot
- ½ tsp ginger (just a touch if necessary)
- 130 g walnuts
- 70 g dates (pitted)
- 50 g of oatmeal
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- Weigh all ingredients and peel the carrot and cut into large slices.
- Depending on how good your food processor is, the pieces should be a bit smaller.
- Peel the ginger as well or scrape the skin off with a spoon.
- Now put the coarse ingredients such as carrots, dates and walnuts in the blender and chop them up beforehand.
- Then add the remaining ingredients, i.e. ginger, oat flakes and cinnamon and continue mixing.
- Now the mass should hold together when you squeeze it between your fingers. If not, add a few more drops (really just drops!) of water and mix again.
- Now shape the mixture into balls and store in the refrigerator or eat straight away.
- Depending on the size, you will get about 20-24 pieces.