Need something healthy, creamy and low in calories? With this recipe, we can offer you all of this and more! Our creamy zucchini soup can be prepared perfectly on the fly and is a real soul warmer when you need something warm in your stomach after a long day at work.
We love well-toasted bread to dip into the soup. Therefore we slowly toast some bread in the pan with a little olive oil. But make sure to use medium temperature otherwise it will get burnt and taste bitter.
The specified amount of vegetable broth can vary depending on the size of the zucchini, so you will need a little more or a little less. If the soup seems too thick to you, you can of course fill it up with broth after pureeing. If you don’t want to risk to have a too thin soup, you can add a little less broth at the beginning when boiling and add more if necessary afterwards.
Creamy zucchini soup
- Hand blender
- 1 clove of garlic
- 3 zucchini
- 1 tbsp oil
- 400 ml vegetable stock
- 100 ml vegetable cream
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- Peel and finely dice the clove of garlic.
- Wash the zucchini and cut into cubes.
- Fry the zucchini and garlic in a saucepan with the oil.
- After about 5 minutes, deglaze with the broth. Add enough broth to the saucepan so that the zucchini cubes are barely covered. This can be also more than the 400ml, depending on the size of the zucchini.
- Then season with thyme and nutmeg and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Then puree everything and stir in the vegetable cream. Depending on how creamy you want it to be, use a little more or less of it.
- Season to taste and serve with some toasted bread.