If you are looking for an iron-rich dish, today we can show you a perfect option. You can easily prepare our beluga lentil salad and take it with you to the office or to a picnic.
You get the turbo of iron not only from the beluga lentils, but also from the combination with vitamin C from peppers and lemon juice in the dressing.
Beluga lentil Salad with peppers
- 130 g beluga lentils dried
- 60 g barley
- ¼ red pepper
- ¼ yellow pepper
- 5 dried apricots
- 5 stalks of flat leaf parsley
- 1 ½ lemons juice
- 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Cook the beluga lentils and barley according to the instructions on the packet. Both should be firm after cooking so that the salad doesn’t get mushy.
- Put the lentils and barley in a bowl.
- Cut the paprika into very fine cubes and finely chop the parsley. Also cut the dried apricots into small cubes.
- Add everything to the lentils and barley and mix.
- For the dressing, mix all the ingredients together well and season with salt as desired. Add the dressing to the lentils and mix well.
- It is best to prepare the salad the day before.