We are committed to providing you with a few basic recipes on our blog.
You can then make many delicacies yourself if you have some time and then take it out of the freezer, for example, for days when time is a bit short.
Today we would like to introduce you to our basic gnocchi recipe:
One of these basic recipes is a vegan gnocchi batter. These little friends can be combined in many ways and taste crispy seared or simply great served with sauce.
Basic gnocchi recipe
- 600 g potatoes (floury)
- 130 g potato flour
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 2 tsp of salt
- Peel the potatoes, cut into pieces of equal size and steam or cook until tender.
- Then pour off the cooking water and press the potatoes into a bowl through a potato press while they are still hot.
- Press the potato mixture into the bowl and divide into four equal parts. Dig out one of these parts and set aside. Fill the “free” quarter with potato flour and put the dug up quarter back into the bowl.
- You don’t have to weigh the potato flour. The ratio of potatoes to potato flour is important. This is why it works well to fill ¼ of the potato mixture with potato flour.
- Add the oil and salt and mix well with a spoon first, then knead the dough. It works best with a food processor, as the potatoes are still hot.
- It should be a soft dough that can be kneaded well. You can add tablespoonfuls of potato flour to the dough until it is no longer sticky.
- If you want to prepare the gnocchi later, the dough can easily be stored in the refrigerator.
- For the gnocchi, shape the dough into a roll and cut into small pieces with the knife. If you want, you can now bring in the typical gnocchi pattern with a fork.
- Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan and season with salt. Put the gnocchi in the boiling water and let it steep.
- They should come to the surface after 4-5 minutes. Then let them steep for another 1-2 minutes and drain.