Who does not know the situation when you want to watch a movie or a few episodes of your favorite series on the couch, but something is missing … Exactly, snacks!
Chips, nuts and so on are of course delicious hearty snacks. But how about having something different than that for a crispy treat? Something healthy and light, that is not likely to stay on your hips on the next day!?
Our kale chips could really be a good alternative, because the vegetables are mixed with delicious spices and dried in the oven, incredibly crispy and really fun in your mouth!
Hard to believe? Then just test it yourself!
- 1 bunch of kale
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp coarse salt
- 1 tsp thyme (dried)
- 1/2 lemon (zest of it)
- some chilli (optional)
- Separate the kale leaves from the hard stem.
- Wash and then dry well. (It is best to spin or spread out carefully on a kitchen towel and pat dry.)
- Pluck the leaves into bite-sized pieces.
- Mix with olive oil, coarse salt, thyme and lemon zest in a large bowl.
- Now preheat the oven to 100 ° C.
- Lay the kale leaves in one layer on a baking sheet. Be careful not to overlap, otherwise they cannot dry and become crispy evenly.
- Put the tray in the oven and dry the leaves in it for about 20 minutes. Open the oven door briefly in between to let the moisture out. This helps with getting crispy.
- After 20-25 minutes, the leaves should be crispy and tasty. Then take it out and enjoy!