What would a breakfast be without a delicious scrambled egg!?
Even if you eat a plant-based diet, you don’t have to give up old habits. One of those tasty habits might be scrambled eggs, for example.
You can simply hold the scrambled tofu or serve it with tomatoes, chives or with vegetable feta. By the way, a variant that my husband particularly likes is with fried mushrooms.
- 200 g firm tofu
- 1 tsp oil
- 2 tbsp soy yogurt
- 1 tsp scrambled egg spice (or herbs to taste)
- 1 pinch of Kala Namak
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp of chives
- Put the tofu on a kitchen towel and squeeze out a little so that it can better absorb the spices.
- Then, best to crumble with your hands and fry in a pan with a little oil.
- Add soy yoghurt and stir.
- Then add turmeric for the color, herbs or scrambled egg spice and season with Kala Namak. This gives the tofu an egg-like flavor.
- Now the tofu shouldn't fry that long anymore. Otherwise the aroma will dissipate and it may become too dry. In this case add a little more soy yoghurt.
- Salt to taste and serve as you like on a good piece of bread, for example and garnish with a little chives.