There are so many uses for hummus. Wouldn’t it be great to vary the hummus itself a bit?
Today we would like to show you an example for that. Chickpeas, tahini and olive oil are the base. You can then adjust the taste as you like.
In our version today we put peppers first in terms of giving taste. So this red pepper hummus can then be used in wraps, for taco evenings, as a dip for crackers and vegetable sticks and of course also as a spread on good bread!
Red pepper hummus
- 1 glass of chickpeas
- 1 tbsp tomato-pepper pulp
- 1/2 tsp paprika powder sweet (heaped)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp tahini
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 clove of garlic (alternatively 1/2 tsp garlic powder)
- 50 ml of water
- chili (optional)
- Put all ingredients except the water in a good blender and blend until everything is creamy.
- Depending on the desired consistency, add water and continue mixing until the consistency is right.
- At the end season to taste with salt and if you like chili and serve.