On cold days we usually feel like something hearty. It can be a warming soup, but it can also be something that we remember from before the vegan diet.
Today we mean specifically the potato chopping pan. With a plant-based alternative to minced meat and potatoes, you already have the most important things on board. There are also spring onions and some ground meat seasoning.
If you use potatoes from the previous day you can use them here and have even done your health a favor. Because the potato starch changes when the potatoes cool down after boiling. The so-called resistant starch is formed, which is metabolized differently in the body. This type of starch is practically transported to the large intestine and only broken down there. This creates substances that have a positive effect on the intestinal flora.
Vegan potato minced-meat pan
- 400 g potatoes
- 180 g vegan minced meat (out of the fridge)
- 3 spring onions
- 3 tbsp vegan creme fraiche
- 1 tbsp minced meat seasoning
- 2 tbsp oil
- Peel the potatoes and cut into larger pieces. Steam or cook until soft.
- In the meantime, heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan.
- Cut the spring onions into fine rings and fry the light part briefly in the oil.
- Add the minced meat, fry for about 5 minutes and season with the minced meat seasoning.
- Finally, add the creme fraiche to the minced meat and stir well.
- Drain the potatoes when they are done and fry them in 1 tablespoon of oil until crispy.
- Place the potatoes on a plate, add the minced meat and sprinkle with the green part of the spring onions.