On some days you just feel like having something different for breakfast. In that case our breakfast muffins are just the right thing!
Our hearty breakfast muffins can be varied as desired and are easy to make. We used corn, zucchini and cherry tomatoes in our example. These are vegetables that have a short cooking time, which saves time twice. So we don’t have to sear them beforehand. So mix everything directly into the batter and let the oven do the work!
If you prefer to use other vegetables that take longer to cook, no problem either. Then you should cut broccoli, carrots and so on into fine cubes and briefly cook them in the pan with a little fat. This method has the advantage that you can better taste the vegetables themselves. Then you can more directly control how spicy the muffins end up.
Basically it is a great basic recipe to try many possible combinations according to your own taste. Spinach and vegan feta along with cherry tomatoes would be conceivable, or mushrooms and smoked tofu and many, many other combinations.
Hearty breakfast muffins
- 125 g flour
- 70 g unsweetened soy drink
- 60 g soy cream
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 40 g of oil
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 130 g vegetables (e.g. corn, zucchini, tomatoes)
- 40 g vegetable cheese (optional)
- Wash (and if necessary peel) vegetables of your choice and cut into small cubes. If there are vegetables such as carrots or broccoli, which take longer to cook, it is best to sear the vegetables and pre-cook them. Season a little with salt and thyme.
- Mix flour, vegetable drink (we used soy drink), soy cream, baking powder, salt and oil with a hand mixer to form a dough.
- Now add the vegetables and fold in.
- If you like, you can also mix in vegan cheese in small cubes or grated.
- Now distribute everything on muffin molds or trays and bake at 180 ° C for about 25 minutes. Please do not forget to grease the muffin tin beforehand!
- Let cool a little before taking them out of the molds and enjoy!