For some occasions you sometimes need hearty finger food and something tasty to dip. Here we have a great and super easy recipe for you today for delicate garlic knots made from yeast dough.
You don’t need to worry that it will be difficult or time-consuming. And even if you’re not a fan of garlic, you are still right with this recipe – because of course you can use delicious herbs instead of garlic. And I’m sure you can think of countless other delicious options for this great base dough!
Garlic knots with quick pizza dip
For the dough
- 400 g flour
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp of sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cloves of garlic (optional garlic powder)
- ½ cube of fresh yeast
- 200-250 ml water at running temperature
- herbs (optional)
- 30 g plant-based butter
- 200 g of pureed tomatoes
- 1 tsp pizza seasoning
- chilli (optional)
- Put the flour, olive oil, sugar and salt in a bowl. Peel and finely dice the garlic.
- Add the garlic to the bowl and crumble the yeast into it. Then add the lukewarm water and knead well. After a few minutes, the dough will be smooth.
- Let it rest covered in a warm place.
- After about an hour, it should have gained a lot of volume.
- Now divide the dough into balls of equal size. 9 pieces should be feasible. If the dough is too moist and sticks, knead in a little more flour. But it is better to use flour sparingly, as it will dry out the knots later.
- Now shape each of the 9 balls into long rolls. To do this, sprinkle some flour on the work surface. Now turn it into a loop and tighten it into a knot. This works better if the dough is sufficiently floured on the outside.
- Place the dough knots on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Melt the plant-based butter and season with a little salt and, if you like, garlic and herbs.
- Then spread this mixture on the dough knots and bake in the oven at 180 degrees top / bottom heat. Depending on the size, 15-20 minutes is usually perfect. They should only be lightly browned so that they are nice and tender on the inside.
- For the dip, mix the tomatoes, pizza seasoning, salt and if necessary, some chili flakes in a small bowl.
- It is best to let it steep for a few minutes and season again to taste with the warm garlic knots before serving.