Regardless of whether there is a festive occasion or not, sometimes you just need a treat for your soul.
But you just can’t say no to anything that is so fluffy and chocolaty. When I was not vegan, I rarely made mousse au chocolat myself because I had the impression it would be a lot of work. But our recipe shows you how simple and at the same time delicious this plant-based dessert really is.
Mousse au Chocolat
- 1 glass of chickpeas, liquid of it (350g, use the chickpeas for other purposes. e.g. hummus)
- 100 g chocolate
- 4 tbsp powdered sugar
- a few drops of lemon juice
- Drain the chickpeas and collect the liquid. Put the chickpeas aside and use them elsewhere.
- Beat the liquid with a mixer. When it starts to get stiff add the powdered sugar and continue to beat until stiff. This will take some minutes.
- Now melt the chocolate in a water bath.
- Carefully fold a few splashes of lemon juice and the slightly cooled chocolate into the whipped mass.
- Pour the mixture into dessert bowls and refrigerate.
- For example, decorate with berries before serving and enjoy!