If you like mushrooms as much as we do, it is a MUST to try this recipe!
Even my over-critical husband and my little boys love this “mushroom sauce”. It goes well with dumplings – yes, you know it for sure, we love dumplings! But spaetzle or potatoes also go perfectly with our vegan mushroom ragout. If you like hash browns, you should definitely try this combination too. Add a crunchy salad and the dish leaves nothing to be desired.
- 1 large onion
- 1 tbsp vegetable butter
- 500 g mushrooms
- 10 g separated boletus
- 100 ml vegetable stock
- 1 cup of vegetable creme fraiche
- salt, pepper
- paprika powder (optional)
- ½ bunch of parsley
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- some cornstarch
- Peel the onion and chop finely.
- Now sauté the onion in the butter in a saucepan until translucent.
- Put the porcini mushrooms in a small bowl and soak in hot water.
- Slice the fresh mushrooms and add to the glassy onion cubes.
- Sauté and stir for a while to keep them from burning.
- When the mushrooms have softened, deglaze with the broth and the water from the porcini mushrooms.
- Finely chop the dried and soaked porcini mushrooms and add to the pot.
- Wash and finely chop the parsley.
- Now add the creme fraiche and season with salt, pepper (optionally paprika powder) and lemon juice. Depending on how you want the consistency of the sauce, add some more liquid (broth or water) or thicken with a little cornstarch dissolved in cold water.
- Finally add the parsley and serve.