I had so much awe and respect for this recipe that I didn’t dare try it for a long time: Tiramisu.
But the love for this Italian classic has not let go of me. So I just HAD to try. The result can be seen and, above all, tasted, as we think.
First attempts tasted extremely like soy and would most likely have failed for most non-vegan people. But this combination of cashew cream and soy cream gave the taste nudge in the right direction.
Admittedly, it is a bit time-consuming because we make the biscuit ourselves and the cream is not put together just like that (don’t worry, the food processor does most of the work). But although we are really critical, we have to say that it turned out very tasty!
You should try it right away!
- food processor
- 200 g cashews soaked
- 100 ml plant drink
- 60 ml maple syrup
- 200 g vegetable cream for whipping
- 2 tbsp of sugar
- 130 grams of sugar
- ½ pack of baking powder
- 1 dash of vanilla extract
- 225 grams of flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 250 ml sparkling water
- 150 ml strong coffee
- 3 tbsp amaretto
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl. Finally add the sparkling water and stir briefly with a whisk. Please do not stir for too long, this will keep the dough airy even after baking. Slight lumps are ok.
- Spread the dough on a baking sheet lined with baking paper and bake for 10-15 minutes at 180 degrees top and bottom heat. It shouldn't turn golden, too much.
- Take the biscuit out of the oven and let it cool down.
- Now prepare the coffee, add the amaretto and let it cool down.
- Soak cashews in water overnight.
- Then mix as finely and creamy as possible with the plant drink and maple syrup in a high-performance mixer. This may take several minutes.
- Then whip the plant cream until stiff and add the sugar.
- Now carefully stir the cashew cream into the cream.
- Brush a baking dish with some of the cream and place a layer of sponge cake on top. Soak the dough evenly with part of the coffee-amaretto mixture.
- Repeat this until the cream and batter are used up. Make sure that the top layer consists of the cream.
- Now cover it in the fridge and let it steep overnight.
- Dust with a layer of cocoa powder before serving. This works best with a sieve.