In winter it is often more difficult to get the necessary vitamins and minerals together. Simply because the variety of berries, melons and other tropical fruits is simply greater in summer.
But even in winter you can provide yourself with everything you need and we will be happy to show you here how good it can taste!
Today we’re serving super healthy kale salad with oranges and crispy chickpeas for you. The combination of flavors and textures is really fun. You really need to try it!
Kale salad with oranges and crispy chickpeas
- 3-4 stalks of kale
- 1 orange (filleted + 2 tbsp juice)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp mustard
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 glass of cooked chickpeas
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika powder
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
- Rinse the chickpeas, rub them dry with a kitchen towel and then mix well with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Spread on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, wash the kale well and remove the stalk. Cut into fine strips and place in a bowl.
- Fillet the orange over a bowl to collect the orange juice. Set the orange wedges aside.
- Mix orange juice with ½ teaspoon salt and add to the kale. It is best to rub the orange juice and salt well into the kale for a few minutes.
- For the dressing, mix the mustard with maple syrup, 2 tablespoons of olive oil and a tablespoon of water.
- Add the orange wedges with the dressing to the kale.
- After approximately 30 minutes, take the chickpeas out of the oven when they are crispy. Place in a bowl and mix with ½ teaspoon salt and the smoked paprika powder.
- Arrange the chickpeas on the salad and serve.