Who says you can’t bake men !?
In this case, you actually can! -And you can also eat our gingerbread men! Before you do that, you should follow our recipe and then decorate them however you like.
That would also be a great action together with the kids. Put on some Christmas music, put on your aprons and start the Christmas baking!
- 500 g flour
- 120 g brown sugar
- 125 g plant-based butter
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 280 g sugar beet syrup
- 2 tbsp gingerbread spice
- ½ tsp salt
- some powdered sugar (for decorating)
- Mix the flour, gingerbread spice, salt and baking soda in a bowl.
- Beat the vegetable butter with the sugar until frothy and then mix in the sugar beet syrup.
- Stir in 3 tbsp cold water. Then quickly fold in the flour mixture.
- Shape the dough into a ball and chill in an airtight container in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
- Divide the dough in half and roll out the first half on a floured work surface about 5mm thick and cut out gingerbread men. Put the other half of the dough back in the fridge as long as you cut out the first gingerbread men and then also roll out and cut out.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. The gingerbread men shouldn’t get too dark because then they’ll get too hard.
- After baking, leave on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes and then let cool down completely on a wire rack.