A german classic recipe for christmas is vanilla crescents. We have a vegan version for you, which is so yummie you will not miss any of the softness and vanilla flavor from the non-vegan recipes.
Vegan vanilla crescents
- 250 g flour
- 210 g vegetable butter (soft)
- 100 g ground almonds
- 80 g sugar
- 1 mark of a vanilla pod
- Icing sugar to turn
- Knead all ingredients together to form until you have an even dough.
- Shape into a thick roll and cover.
- Let rest in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Then preheat the oven to 180 ° top / bottom heat and form small croissants. Then place these on the baking sheet with a little space.
- The croissants should still be as light as possible. Depending on the oven, the baking time varies slightly from 7-10 minutes.
- After baking, the croissants are still very soft, but after 1-2 minutes you should be able to roll them in powdered sugar.
- If that’s too much sugar for you, you can simply use a sieve to sprinkle the powdered sugar over it immediately after baking.
If you want to tease out the nutty aroma a little more, you can briefly toast the almonds in a pan without fat. These then have to cool down before they can be put into the dough.