During the Christmas season there are some flavors and spices that go particularly well.
Cinnamon is one of them, of course, but vanilla is also popular.
Here we have a variation of cookies that are particularly velvety on the tongue and have a pleasant vanilla aroma: Our delicate snow balls!
- 250 g flour (sifted)
- 50 g cornstarch
- 170 g vegetable butter (soft)
- 60 powdered sugar (sifted)
- 1 vanilla pod (pulp of it)
- 2 tbsp plant-based drink
- 1 dash of vanilla extract
- Icing sugar to turn
- Beat the plant butter and sugar until frothy. This takes a few minutes.
- Mix the flour and cornstarch, add to the butter-sugar mixture.
- Then add the vanilla pulp and vanilla extract as well as the plant drink and knead together properly.
- Shape the dough into 2 rolls and place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Then shape balls about 1 euro in size and place them on a baking sheet. At the end, briefly press again with a small dose and then bake for almost 10 minutes at 180 ° C top / bottom heat. The cookies shouldn't turn brown or they will become too hard.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar immediately after baking.