When you think of Brussels sprouts you may think of, how mom back then, tried hard to make you, as a little person, to try the Brussels sprouts. And for some of us it wasn’t a very positive experience.
I have to say that it was the same for me as a child, but now I’m really happy when the Brussels sprouts season starts again. I really enjoy to eat as much of them as somehow possible – after all, it has to hold up until next year!
Here we present you a super simple but incredibly delicious version of Brussels sprouts glazed in the oven. With some pecans and dried cranberries it is a perfect combo of flavors.
Glazed Brussels sprouts with pecans
- 300 g Brussels sprouts
- 2 potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 60 g pecans
- 20 g dried cranberries
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C
- Wash Brussels sprouts, remove any yellow leaves and cut in half.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into wedges.
- Brush a tray with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, spread the Brussels sprouts and potatoes on the tray, spread the remaining olive oil on top and season with salt. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, halve the pecans and fry them in a pan without oil. It is best to keep an eye on the nuts at all times as they burn easily.
- When the Brussels sprouts and potatoes are tender, remove them from the oven and place in a bowl. Mix in the pecans and cranberries.
- Add the maple syrup and stir in well. Add a little salt to taste.