In the cooler months of the year, you often like it hearty and sometimes creamy. Soups are perfect for such days as they are quick to prepare.
Whatever works, vegetable soups are made from leftovers from various vegetables that you still have. But this time we have a wonderfully creamy chestnut soup for you.
- Hand blender
- 2 onions
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tbsp oil
- 400 g chestnuts (cooked, vacuum-sealed)
- 800 ml vegetable stock
- 100 ml vegetable cream
- 1 bay leaf
- some parsley
- 4 tbsp vegan creme fraiche (optional)
- some cinnamon
- Peel onion and garlic and chop finely.
- Roughly chop the chestnuts.
- Sauté the onion, garlic and chestnuts in a saucepan with oil.
- Now deglaze the broth, add bay leaf and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Stir in the cream.
- Take out the bay leaf.
- Blend the soup and add salt, pepper, cinnamon to taste.
- Top with some cream vega and parsley if you like.