What could be nicer than sitting at the table with the family on a Sunday morning and the smell of fresh coffee and fluffy pancakes is in the air !?
We LOVE it, so we wanted to give you (maybe the 3 billionth) pancake recipe but maybe you’ll find it as outstanding as we do.
This recipe is something special, because it is not only free from animal products, it can be prepared perfectly the evening before and only becomes more fluffy after resting in the fridge.
- 200 g flour (e.g. spelled flour)
- 50 g sugar
- 8 g baking powder
- 250 ml plant-based milk
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 shot of vanilla extract (alternatively plant milk vanilla)
- First mix the flour, sugar and baking powder together.
- Then put together the wet ingredients: vegetable drink, apple cider vinegar and vanilla extract and then mix with the mixed dry ingredients.
- Now let the dough stand for at least 30 minutes but also great overnight.
- Then fry the pancakes of your preferred size on both sides with a little oil in the pan.
- When the vesicles appear on the top and the edge starts to dry out, it’s time to turn them over.
- While the rest of the pancakes are still being fried, it is best to keep the finished ones warm and serve garnished with maple syrup, chocolate cream or nut butter. Of course, you can´t go wrong with some fruits!