Have you also made that experience: you are invited to breakfast or brunch and when you sit at the table with vegan and non-vegan friends, the question always arises what the poor vegans were actually “allowed” to eat?
And as I am sure you know, we already have a proven with many dishes and recipes that there is no need to worry.
But I personally like, when it is simply not remarkably vegan when you bring something for an invitation.
For these moments we have here our coveted baked beans recipe for you, which is so simple to make that I wonder why I only came to make it myself now.
And besides, everyone will probably be happy to enjoy it with you. Food connects, as they say …
- 1 can of white beans (400g)
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1/2 onion
- 1/2 pkg of strained tomatoes (250ml)
- some sugar
- a bit of salt
- some smoked paprika powder
- Peel onion and chop finely.
- Drain the beans.
- Sauté the onion cubes in the oil in a small saucepan.
- Roast some paprika briefly and deglaze with the tomatoes.
- Then add the beans and a little salt and sugar and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- At the end, season again with sugar, salt and the paprika and enjoy!