We like to treat ourselves to a good piece of cake, especially on the weekends. I often let the kids help out and, as I was when I was a child, let them nibble on dough.
A cake that spreads a cozy weekend atmosphere in the house with its nuts and spices at the latest in the oven is our fabulous pumpkin cake.
- 1 loaf pan
- 250 g Hokkaido pumpkin (without seeds, with shell)
- 100 g ground hazelnuts
- 100 g ground walnuts
- 200 g spelled flour type 630
- 180 g brown sugar
- 180 ml plant drink
- 120 ml rapeseed oil
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1 pinch of ground vanilla
- 2 teaspoons of powdered sugar to sprinkle
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
- Cut the pumpkin into small pieces and cook or steam until tender. Then add the vegetable drink to the pumpkin and puree.
- Mix the flour with the ground nuts, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla in a bowl.
- Add the oil and mashed pumpkin to the flour mixture and mix well.
- Add baking soda to the mixture and pour apple cider vinegar directly onto it. Mix everything well.
- Grease a springform pan and pour the batter into the mold.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes at 180 ° C. At the end of the baking time, prick a wooden stick into the cake. If no dough sticks to the stick when you pull it out, the cake is ready.