Who loves chocolate cake ???
WE do! And because it is often extremely unhealthy with a lot of sugar, we have developed a healthier alternative for you that is so tender and chocolaty that you will hardly believe it!
Absolutely suitable for toddlers, for example as a muffin or as the basis for a chocolate cake for a birthday. And then the cake makes you really happy too!
Are you curious?
The secret is to use dates as a sweetener and mix them into a kind of syrup, which then, of course, goes into the dough.
No sugar chocolate cake
- 270 g spelled flour
- 30 g cornstarch
- 1 pkg of baking powder
- 60 g baking cocoa
- 250 g dates (pitted)
- 320 g of water
- 150 g of oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tbsp agave syrup or date syrup
- 50 ml of plant milk
- Mix the flour, baking powder, starch and cocoa in a large bowl.
- Puree the dates and water in a good blender.
- Add oil to the date and water mixture.
- Also add agave (or date) syrup, vanilla and plant milk.
- Then add the flour mixture and stir into a smooth dough.
- Place in a baking pan and bake for approx. 35 min. at 180 °C. It is best to use the chopsticks to ensure that the cake is through.