What is better for autumn than pumpkin ?!
It’s rich in minerals and beta-carotenes and so versatile. We have already made a raw salad, oven veggies, creamy pasta sauce out of them and experimented a lot. You can also make cakes and cookies from pumpkin puree.
Now here is our irresistible version: stuffed pumpkin with crispy chickpeas. The different consistencies of the creamy guacamole and the crunch of the spicy chickpeas make it a real feast on your tongue.
Stuffed pumpkin with crispy chickpeas
- 1 small butternut squash
- 100 g giant white beans
- 50 g cherry tomatoes
- 4 tbsp vegan creme fraiche
- 2 tbsp dried cranberries
- 100 g brown chickpeas
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika powder
- 2 avocados
- 1 small onion
- 1 lemon (juice and zest of peel)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
- Halve the pumpkin and remove the seeds. Score the pumpkin halves with a knife, brush with a little oil and place with the cut side up on a baking sheet.
- Mix the chickpeas with oil, salt and paprika powder and place in a separate small baking dish or baking tin.
- Place the pumpkin and chickpeas in the preheated oven. Take the chickpeas out of the oven after about 20-25 minutes and set aside.
- In the meantime, peel the avocados for the guacamole and mash them in a bowl with a fork. Peel the onions and finely dice them. Add to the avocado with the lemon juice, lemon zest and salt and stir well.
- Halve the cherry tomatoes.
- After about 40 minutes, remove the pumpkin from the oven and use a fork to check if it is soft.
- Put the guacamole on the two pumpkin halves, then add white beans and halved cherry tomatoes.
- Put 2 tablespoons of creme fraiche on the cherry tomatoes and spread the crispy chickpeas and cranberries on top.