In the pumpkin season you sometimes don’t even know what to do with the delicious pumpkin. For some recipes you only need the pumpkin puree or you have to cook the pumpkin for a long time and then process it further.
In this recipe for pumpkin pasta you will get:
- Pumpkin leftovers made great
- a recipe that is quick to prepare
- creamy sauce and
- all that as one pot dish!
So get to the pot and off you go!
Creamy pumpkin pasta
- 60 g pumpkin e.g. Hokkaido
- 100 g pasta of your choice (for example lentil or whole wheat pasta)
- 300 ml vegetable broth
- 70 ml plantbased cream
- some ginger optional
- Chilli optional
- Peel the pumpkin if necessary (not necessary with Hokkaido), then grate it roughly.
- Put the pasta with the pumpkin, 3/4 of the vegetable stock and the plant-based cream in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Stir occasionally and add the remaining water if necessary.
- Simmer on medium heat until the noodles are cooked through.
- Depending on the type of pasta, some water may have to be added.
- Season to taste with ginger, chilli and salt.