Energy balls, blizz balls or simply delicious treat for a boost of energy. Here we have a quick and really delicious recipe for these balls. There are tons of combinations, but this one is my favorite combo along with another variety with peanut butter.
You should be equipped with a good blender, then it is super easy to do. In addition, you only need a few ingredients that you usually have in the house anyway:
You should definitely try it out! They are addicting quickly, but also make you sooo happy when looking for a healthy candy. Sweetened with dates, they not only bring empty calories with them, but also fiber. -And not to forget this amazing taste …!
Pecan blizz balls
- 10 medjool dates
- 70 g pecan nuts
- 2 tsp nut butter (e.g. cashew butter)
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp of cocoa powder
- possibly some water
- 1 tsp puffed amaranth
- Mix everything except amaranth in a blender . Check consistency and add a little water if necessary (very little). If you squeeze the mass between your fingers, it should hold together.
- Then add amaranth to fold in and briefly "pulse" in the blender. The amaranth should not be crushed.
- Then place in a bowl and form bite-sized balls. Press the dough together properly and moisten your hands in between if necessary.
- Eat the finished balls right away, let them set in the refrigerator or, if there are too many, simply freeze the rest and briefly defrost them before consuming.